Sunday, August 29, 2010

China Streets (Yiwu) - part 1

Taken: 22-Aug-2010
Pictures taken with Fujifilm Finepix F450
Location: Yiwu, China.
All pictures © all rights reserved.


Took a trip back to Yiwu city in Zhejiang province. This is a very unique place where a small city is blessed with tremendous growth within a very short time. Many things had changed since I last went there, and many things had not. Everyday sights there seem more common place during the times I lived there years ago. Now, going back as a visitor, everything seem fresh and new again. I wanted to capture what life was for me and armed with my small little compact camera this time, I snapped away.

#1 - Yiwu city skyline. I used to stay in one of those 6-storey buildings in the foreground.

#2 - What Yiwu is famous for is their small goods market. Buildings, grouped by products/services, houses more than 150,000 trading storefronts like these selling everything you can imagine.

#3 - Pigeon cages? To keep them out or in?

#4 - Now this is new. A business shirt vending machine.

#5 - Precisely what I was looking for to take photos of... Exotic!

#6 - The store sign literally says "Out-of-style Clothing Store"

#7 - Street-side restaurants starting to setup for the busy night ahead.

Continued in Part 2.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...